A great big THANK YOU to http://booklovers1.wordpress.com/ for nominating my blog for the Liebster Award!
What is this award, you ask? Well, it is basically for fun and to help up and coming blogs connect with each other and get more followers. It is a little like a chain letter, it seems to me, but I feel honored to have been chosen by http://booklovers1.wordpress.com/ as one of their favorite blogs to visit. Please make sure to stop by their blog and check them out!
There are rules associated with the Liebster Award.
– Link back the blogger that tagged you
– Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
– Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
– Let your nominees know of their award
I would also like to state that if I have chosen you as one of my nominations for the Liebster Award and you feel you don’t have time to participate, just let me know and there will be no hard feelings. I had a little trouble making time for this myself in my schedule 🙂
Now to answer the 10 questions asked of me:
1. If you could pick a favourite author who would it be and why? What specific book or series of theirs do you highly recommend?
This is definitely a very hard question because I have quite a few favorite authors. I am going to just list two here. One of my favorite authors is Rachel Hauck and I definitely recommend her book Once Upon a Prince. Another favorite author of mine is Joanne Bischof and I highly recommend her book series The Cadence of Grace, which has three books Be Still My Soul, Though My Heart Is Torn, and My Hope Is Found.
2. If you could pick any fictional world to live in, which would it be? What is so appealing about it?
I just finished Stranded by Dani Pettrey and I think I would choose that fictional world right at this moment. Alaska is just so beautiful and their small town sounds charming.
3. Out of all the fictional characters you have been introduced to, who do you really want to meet? What is it about them that appeals to you?
I read a great series called The Jewels Trilogy by Hallee Bridgeman and in the first book, Sapphire Ice, I believe I would like to meet Tony Viscolli. He is a very strong Christian who has overcome amazing odds.
4. What is your favourite bible verse and why (if it is not too personal)?
Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid?
5. What has been your lifelong dream or aspiration?
I love being married to my husband and mom to our four children. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with them and homeschool them.
6. If you were able to learn any language, which would it be?
7. You find a time travelling machine in your backyard. What period of your life would you revisit?
The time we lived in New England
8. You are generously given 1 million dollars. How would you spend it?
Donate to our church, pay off our debts, set up college funds for the kids, take a little trip
9. If you were able to pick an actor/actress for one of your favourite fictional characters, who would it be? James Marsden
10. Are there any recent movies you highly recommend?
Here are my nominations and I have to admit that there are not 10. The reason for this is that some of my favorite blogs to follow were already nominated by others and I tried not to double up. I am also nominating one blog that I have only followed for a few days, but I am enjoying their book reviews.
And last, but not least, the ten questions for my nominees to answer are:
1) Who is your favorite author and what is a novel of theirs that you would recommend?
2) Do you have a bucket list? What are two items on it?
3) What is your favorite genre to read?
4) What is your favorite time period to read about?
5) Do you prefer stand alone books or books in a series?
6) Do you enjoy Amish fiction or do you just not get what all the fuss is about?
7) Do you have a favorite Bible verse and would you mind sharing it with us if it is not too personal?
8) If you could pick an actor or actress to play the part of one of your favorite book characters, who would you choose?
9) If you could time travel, when and where would you go and why?
10) Is there a place you have always wanted to visit? Where is it?